Waste Removal

What is Commercial Waste Removal?

The environmentally friendly removal of waste is one of the greatest challenges of our time. This makes it all the more important to dispose of commercial and industrial waste properly on the premises.

On the one hand, it is important for business owners to act responsibly. On the other hand, a well thought-out waste removal concept should also save time and money.

Large quantities of commercial and industrial waste can be disposed of via classic waste containers or disposal systems. However, there is also hazardous waste, the disposal of which must comply with special requirements and regulations.

General Regulations for Private and Commercial Waste Disposal

Here, waste is defined and classified with regard to its hazardousness and need for monitoring. This ordinance is the basis for proper waste disposal - whether commercial or private. In addition, there are numerous national and international laws and regulations that must be followed for proper waste disposal. These include regulations for waste that could cause damage to the environment if not disposed of properly. For waste separation and disposal in companies, the Commercial Waste Ordinance also applies. It regulates exactly how the various types of industrial and commercial waste are to be handled.

Types of Commercial Waste

Many types of commercial waste are also found in private households like residual waste, paper and cardboard, glass, organic waste or waste that belongs in the yellow bag.

Disposing of such commercial waste works the same way as at home, the waste is disposed of separately in the appropriate containers, which are collected by the contracted waste disposal company.

Particularly in industrial companies, hazardous waste is also frequently generated, such as

  • Waste oil
  • Construction waste
  • Chemicals
  • Electrical waste
  • Wood
  • Bulky waste
  • Plastics

As in private households, businesses must separate their waste and dispose of hazardous waste in the respective special channels. However, commercial enterprises still have to comply with some special regulations.

The Commercial Waste Ordinance

The new Commercial Waste Ordinance passed in 2017 has been in force since 2019. It states how commercial and industrial waste must be separated, collected and disposed of.

In the case of construction waste, these components must also be collected separately:

  • Insulation material
  • Bitumen mixtures
  • Concrete
  • Bricks
  • Tiles and ceramics

If this strict separation is technically impossible or economically unreasonable, all waste can be collected in a commercial waste bin. The company must then send the waste either to a pretreatment facility or to a facility for energy recovery. Even businesses that separate 90% of their commercial waste are allowed to transport the remaining 10% directly to the recovery facility.

There is a documentation obligation for the waste disposal of each enterprise. Those responsible must prove digitally or in writing that they collect and dispose of waste in accordance with the regulations. Photos of the waste containers, certificates from the recycling plant or proof of disposal can be used for this purpose. If documentation or waste disposal is not carried out correctly, fines of up to 10,000 pound may be imposed.

Correct Commercial Waste Removal - What Can Go Into Commercial Waste?

If you have a separate collection system and want to dispose of commercial waste, you can do so in the usual way. If more than just ordinary residual or recyclable waste is generated, it is important to deal with the relevant rules and regulations for proper hazardous waste disposal.

Businesses that are exempt from the separate collection requirement can collect their waste in a single bin. However, not everything is allowed in the commercial waste bin either.

Permitted are:

  • Plastics and polystyrene
  • Metals
  • Wood
  • Textiles
  • Scrap
  • Residual waste

These wastes are to be collected separately:

  • Glass
  • Organic waste
  • Plant waste
  • Hazardous waste
  • Medical waste

The Commercial Waste Bin - Containers for Commercial Waste Removal-Disposal

To dispose of commercial waste, there are waste bins and waste containers in various designs. Waste bins made of plastic as well as stainless steel are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. For waste that has no place in the commercial waste bin, there are also recyclables and special collectors. This makes waste separation in companies particularly easy and convenient.

Please note: The regulations mentioned here are only a selection of the most important legal requirements. For detailed information, please refer to the listed and, if applicable, further collections of regulations and legal texts. In case of doubt, experts can and should be consulted for the concrete implementation in the company.

Any Questions?

Contact us now for a free and Non-Binding Quote